1. Industrial Exhaust Fans Improve Indoor Air Quality in the Workplace
Industrial exhaust fans are an essential part of maintaining a commercial property. Industrial businesses tend to house machinery that generates fumes and heat. Without proper ventilation, the indoor working space can quickly become polluted.
Removing fumes is important for worker health and safety. Welding fumes can be particularly harmful because they can cause serious and permanent damage to workers’ respiratory systems. Many welding fumes are considered carcinogenic and can cause cancer. Solar Whiz has experience installing industrial exhaust fans in factories and industrial facilities with welding machines.
Check out our commercial and industrial ventilation case studies page to find out more!
2. Solar-Powered Industrial Exhaust Fans Are Cost-Effective
A Solar Whiz unit has market-leading performance, our exhaust fan for industrial applications can be operated completely (or partially) on solar power!
That means that the system runs for free when operating on solar power only.
Using a hybrid approach, where a ‘night operations’ kit is included in the installation, the industrial exhaust fan can draw on mains power to ‘top up’ the fan’s capacity. In this method, the Solar Whiz unit only draws on mains power when solar energy isn’t enough to run the unit at full capacity. The industrial exhaust fan will only use as much energy as is needed to make up the difference. The night operations kit also lets you run the system around the clock if need be.
Solar Whiz industrial exhaust fans boast market-leading performance, with a capacity of 10,000m³/h. Our industrial exhaust fans offer exceptionally powerful airflow capacity, with minimal (if any) operation costs. Compare this to other ventilation fans that might have the same base price, but cost
much more to operate and/or move much less air.
3. Regulation and Control (Thermostats and Night Operations Kits) For Industrial Exhaust Fans
Solar Whiz is a system customisable to your personal needs. Optional accessories give you extra control over how and when your system works. We offer:
- Thermostats – These let you control the temperature at which the unit starts or stops operating. If the temperature at the location of the thermostat exceeds the set temperature the unit will start operating. It will then stop operating when the temperature drops below that temperature. The thermostat also comes with an on/off switch, giving you additional control to turn the industrial exhaust fan off completely if it’s not needed.
- Night Operations Kits – also known as the commercial control box. This uses a 24-Volt power supply and a constant current module that provides a sort of backup power supply for the fan. Using this lets you maintain a constant level of ventilation airflow no matter the availability of sunlight.
4. Minimal Noisiness
Industrial exhaust fans are always going to make some amount of noise. Our commercial fans run at around 70-73dBA. This is about the same noise level as a hair dryer or dishwasher. While this might appear quite loud, keep in mind that the industrial exhaust fans are installed on your roof. In many cases that is a long way away from any workers and will be barely noticeable. The noise that our units make is also likely to pale in comparison to the noise that other factory machinery will make.
5. High-Quality Materials
We know that just because something works overseas, doesn’t mean that it will perform as well here. For this reason, we have carefully designed and tested our industrial exhaust fans to suit the harsh Australian climate and conditions. Unlike many of our competitors, we don’t import international products and assume that the materials, specifications and design will perform well on Australian roofs.
Our product is proudly designed and made in Australia. We also constantly test our units to ensure they meet our high expectations for powerful and effective industrial ventilation.